Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Random Musings

Tonight I am really down, low, sad, blue, melancholy. It is real, and familiar.
The pines stand tall against the ancient river outside my window.
A barge passes and doesn't know I am standing at my kitchen window wanting to go there too.
Where? I don't care, as long as it is somewhere other than here,
Where pine trees compete with me for the river view.

I love Spring.
I love Autumn.
I love Summer.
I detest Winter.

I love birds, and thoughts of angels, and fairies who come at midnight and kiss my eyes.

I love bowls of oranges in my kitchen and orchids blooming against my windows.

I love the way I feel after I have cleaned the oven. Why?

I love the way my pillow feels after I iron my pillow case with lavender water.

I love life most of the time and the rest of the time, I try to sleep.

I believe in goodness.

I remember going to the Dairy King and standing at the "white's only window" and watching my black friends wait in line at the "colored window".

I remember Martin Luther King when he was living, and knowing he was right.

I remember going to see George Corley Wallace after his famous stand in the schoolhouse door and being frightened.

I remember Mississippi burnings.

I remember too much in my head.

I am a writer.

Because I choose to remember and write it all down for the generations to come so we won't ever forget.

I remember Gale and I dancing to David Bowie when Patti Hearst was held in prison, and causing a riot in Birmingham with our chant, "Free Patti Hearst", what night that was.

I have loved poets, painters and photographers. I married the engineer.

Spread love.

Seek God and He will draw closer to you.

No comments: