Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today

Silence. Stillness. Silliness.

There is something there in those words as they dance today in my head.

I need silence to write rand stillness to quiet my spirit and soul, and silliness to remind me
what is important in life.

Many people ask me how I write.
Well, it always comes with an image. My screen play came from an article I read in Vogue about a woman in Manhatten who had a maid who was Amish and she swept the front porch each day in her Amish attire, that image stuck in my head for along time until I realized it was a seed for Rienhart's Bend, my screenplay.

Then for THE AVE MARIA DIARIES, I had the thought about redemption and how to receive it back. After years of mis-guided choices, I thought of our blessed Mother, Ave Maria and wanted to talk to her, so I came up with the diary notion, then all these characters broke free in my head and it came to life. Of course, there was much food from growing up at Northport Baptist where the great scandal of Stanley took place, so I embelished, as I am prone to do even in everyday conversation and started this whole murder of a sorry ass preacher, they do exist. It was fun, and revealed to me what was important in life. Listening to God whisper, in a quiet way, not the hail and brimstone of growing up Baptist where each Sunday I felt I needed to walk the walk and be rebaptized over and over and over again. I know now that feeling stems from emotional preaching they learn at a Seminary.

So for today, Silence, Stillness, Silliness. I got to figure out how to be silly, any suggestions?
I could roll a yard, harmless, except for being an eyesore, or maybe just buy a bottle of bubbles and go in the sun and blow bubbles until the jar is empty and then that would make me feel
a connection to rememberances past.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever----------J. Keats, dead at 25, never knew how great he was,
I pray he does in Heaven.

Thank you my friends.
Love.
P. aka, Alabama Brown

No comments: